Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July



We don't have much going on today other than a play date this afternoon. It's usually the same 5-7  moms with their kids, and no one else is American, so I don't think anyone will even notice I dressed Lily up patriotic.


One of Jim's mom's friends gave her this dress before she was born. It's a size 6/9 months, and I remember opening it, looking at the size and thinking it would be perfect for 4th of July. Then our 10 lb chubbalub was born and was already wearing size 6 months back in October, so I figured it would never last.


But, lo and behold, it fits! The little diaper cover that goes with it is too tight around her thighs, so I just put white shorts with it.

I stood her up in the middle of the floor hoping to just take one quick picture, and to my shock she stayed there and then walked to me! Normally, when I have something in me hand that she really wants (especially phones and cameras), she immediately drops down and crawls over to me. She knows she can crawl and get what she wants a lot faster than walking. I was so proud of her!



She started walking a bunch! We might be remembering July 4th as the day when she finally got some confidence in her walking! You can also hear some of her babbling in the videos. She's been babbling a lot lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...