Thursday, July 5, 2012

Genius Baby!

Recently, Lily has done a few things that have made Jim and I look at each other with that "OMG she's a genius!" look.



1. She started signing for milk about 10 days ago, then a few days after that around the time when I usually give her a bottle - about noon - she started whining, then stopped, looked at me and signed milk. I was thrilled and jumped right up and got her a bottle! So this weekend when Jim was home, it was getting close to noon and I said to him, "let's wait a few minutes and see if she signs M-I-L-K," and the little stinker held up her hand and signed for milk! Genius!



2. The other day I was reading her Bambi, and when we got to the page that has a picture of 4 opossums hanging upside down, she grabbed the book and turned it upside down. When I turned the page, she grabbed it back and flipped it back over. I must have read that Bambi book ten times in a row and every time she flipped the book over when we got to the opossums! So I started just handing her various books upside down, and right side up, and she always turned the upside down ones, but left the other ones alone. Genius! 


3. Since Lily has been doing so good signing for milk and bye-bye, we decided to add "ni-night" the other day, and seriously its been two days since and she already signs it anytime we say 'nap' or 'ni-night.' Genius!



Ok, I'll stop the bragging before I get too annoying. And don't try to call us and tell us any of these things were a coincidence or "every baby does that" because we won't believe you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...