Saturday, June 30, 2012

Six on Saturday

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. We really don't have much going on, and it's too hot to do anything but go swimming or go on play dates.

1. Swim lessons ended this week and our instructor brought in a photographer to take under water pics of the babies. I can't wait to see them! We will definitely be putting her back in lessons in September.

2. We decided to put Lily back in daycare in the Fall. She should be walking by then, and I think she needs more stimulation. The nanny thing isn't as flexible as I would like, and it's ending up to be more expensive.

3. Speaking of walking, the Little Miss is apparently living by the philosophy of 'when in doubt, don't.' I thought for sure when I wrote her 11 month summary that I would be writing she is walking full time, but she rarely takes steps without us coaxing her.

4. We went grocery shopping today and our grocery store is carrying puffs and yogurt melts now!!! I really wanted to buy out their entire stock, but Jim wouldn't let me. Now we won't have to have Jim's parents bring any when we see them in August, and we can ask for other stuff instead :) I was saving our last can that we brought back from Texas for the plane to Italy. Those things are magic when traveling.

5. And speaking of Italy, Jim and I are starting our pre-cruise diet. I just want to fit into my bathing suits so I don't have to buy new stuff for the trip. We're trying the slow-carb diet that he did right before Lily was born, and looking back at pictures at that time I think he looks really good. The diet rules are to basically eat just meat, veggies and beans. I told him it's too hard for me to figure out new recipes every night that fit these new rules, so he suggested we make one big pot of veggie bean soup and have it all week. I guess we'll do a new recipe each week. We'll see how long it takes until we get bored, but I like the idea of only cooking once a week!

6. We're taking Lily out to eat with Jim's co-worker tonight. I hope she does ok. My next blog post might be titled "We're never going out to dinner with a baby ever again!"

I promise I'll do another blog post soon with pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...