Saturday, June 2, 2012

Six on Saturday

1. I discovered we have a farmer's market across the street from us when my mom was visiting and I've been wanting to check it out ever since. It's only on Fridays, so we finally walked over yesterday, but of course it has ended until winter because of the weather!! So, we went to Starbucks and the playground instead. I love the second picture of Jim and Lily on the slide.




2. Lily is much braver with her walking in the last few days. She's taken a good 3-4 steps on her own, and she knows what to do when we say "walk to mama" or "walk to daddy." She puffs out her chest and works up the courage then lets go of whatever she's holding on to and takes a few steps. Then, she squeals with delight and is SO happy with herself. We're trying to get it on video but our timing has been really bad so far.

3. Jim and I are finally caught up with Mad Men. I love this show, and I'm so glad Don didn't turn out to be a murderer! I was going to be really disappointed if the show started going in that direction.

4. My summer school has had a really slow start. Classes started on May 21st, and we just now got our first HW assignment. Usually I get the first within the first week. I also managed to sign up for a class that has no midterms and no final exam, which is a HUGE relief!

5. I finally went to the doctor this week and I have a sinus infection. I'm pretty sure it's my first, because I don't ever remember having a cold and congestion this long before, but I'm finally feeling much better. I still can't hear very well out of my left ear, but it's getting better.  

6. I found a recipe for Zucchini bread I want to try. It doesn't have sugar in it so I want to try giving it to Lily for a snack, but Jim is very hesitant to give her stuff like that to eat. We're both such poor eaters we want to make sure Lily likes fruit and vegetables. I finally convinced him if we end up with a toddler that will eat sugar free Zucchini bread we will be winning. I'll share the recipe if it turns out yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...