Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lily James is 10 Months Old!

We're into double digits now!! Here is what Miss Lily has been up to this month:

- Walking!! She can take a few steps before she falls, but she won't do it unless we ask (beg) her to do it. It's hard to get on camera because any kind of distraction ends any chance of getting her to walk for us.



- She can stand for a long time and balance really well. She can even go from a squat to standing, and it freaks me out every time I'm not paying attention to her and I look over and she's standing straight up in the middle of the living room. She loves practicing this trick much more than walking.

- She started taking swim lessons this month and can go under water without crying. She loves the water now and loves to jump in my arms off the steps.



- She understands a few commands. She understands "where's mama's nose", "where's Lily's tongue", "dance", "kick", "walk to daddy." She still does "So Big" but won't do "patty cake" any more, but she'll clap her hands sometimes when she stands up. Just tonight she started giving her baby dolls a hug when I say "hug your baby." It is super cute and I need to get it on video!

- She's starting to like books, and will just keep opening and closing them to new pages over and over. Her attention span is getting better and she'll sometimes sit in our laps and make it through half of a book before she has to grab it and open and close it herself.



- She is becoming aware of strangers. She cried during the last swim lesson when the teacher held her, which she's never done before, and she screamed when I left her alone with the nanny the last time.

- She's eating tons of food. She will often eat half a banana and half a mango, plus a puree packet for just lunch. I feel like I can't keep up some days and she is eating as fast as I'm cutting it up. One night she ate 10 small strawberries plus 1/3 a banana and a puree packet for dinner.



- She's discovered she can take half-eaten food out of her mouth, then sometimes put it back in her mouth and continue eating, or other times throw it on the floor. Fun times.

- Her meals are now a typical breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. However, since she wakes up at 5:30 am, lunch is usually pretty early, at 10 am. She has finger foods at each meal except breakfast, and has a puree still at every meal except her snack.



- She wears size 12 month clothes, a few 9 month pieces still fit, and 18 month pajamas. The legs in her PJs are too long, but the other night I could barely zip them up over her butt and thighs. Sadly, I think the days of footie pj's are numbered. She's also in a size 4 diaper and wears size 3 shoes.

- She fell off the bed for the first time on my watch. I was going to leave this out, but Jim is making me add it to the list.



- She's still not saying any words, but we know she understands! Sometimes I think she mouths words, but doesn't say them. I always say "Up, up" when she crawls over to where I'm sitting and reaches up to sit in my lap, and she'll form her mouth like she's about to make a 'P' sound.

- She's giving wet sloppy kisses!! She even understands us when we ask for a kiss and she'll lean down and put her mouth on ours.



- She's up to 18 mins twice a day for independent playtime and doing great! I love when I go get her and she's sitting there with a book open in her lap.

- She weighs 21.5 lbs (75th %tile) and is 30 inches tall (91st %tile). Thank goodness her weight is finally plateauing out.



Happy 10 months Lily Monster!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...