Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Parenting Fail

I had my first parenting scare tonight. Lily and I walked over to the pharmacy today to get some Vicks vaporub for her. Later this afternoon she was sitting on my lap after a bath and I rubbed some on her chest; she actually sat still on my lap for a while so I put the jar on the floor...ya, 20 minutes later when she was ready to play again I totally forgot about it. I was getting her dinner ready and heard something so I went to check on her and she had two fingers in the jar. She had a little on her cheek too which made me worry that she tried to eat it. I called the number on the jar right away - while panicking and trying to get her dressed in case they said go to the ER. Luckily they said just a little taste is nothing to worry about; they only worry when a kid eats a whole jar. This kind of stuff always happens when Jim is out of town!! In case you didn't realize it, let me remind you all the events that Jim has managed to avoid:

1. First earthquake in Taiwan
2. My first typhoon in Taiwan
3. First time the fire alarm went off in our TW apartment building
4. When my morning sickness first came on full force
5. During Week 4 of Lily's life which will go down as the roughest week of my life!
6. First time I set the fire alarm off in the Dubai apartment
7. Lily's first fever
8. And now Lily's first *almost* poisoning

You know, all those things that no one wants to deal with by themselves! Of course he doesn't do it on purpose, and actually, I don't think he could have better timing even if he tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...