Thursday, April 5, 2012

An afternoon date

Jim and I had an unexpected afternoon date at the Dubai Mall today. Since he left for Shanghai tonight he came home early - about 2 pm - and our nanny was there until 5. Lily was still napping so we snuck out and spent the afternoon at the mall! It was the first time we had been out of the house together without her since we moved here in January. Jim got a haircut, I got some cute camel souvenirs for a birthday present, and then we just walked around and had some frozen yogurt!

We discovered this giant aquarium in the mall, and I can't wait until Lily appreciates this kind of stuff.




We stopped at Pottery Barn kids, where they have a cute birdie bedding set that I've been eyeing for Lily for when she graduates to a big bed. Well, now it's about 90% sold out, and I'm kicking myself for not getting it because it's perfect to go with all the other stuff she has in her room. Maybe I'll get lucky and find it in Houston when we go back next week.

What do you notice about this picture?? How about the part where Lily is standing completely balanced while only holding on to Sophie the Magical Teething Giraffe. I know some day too soon she's just going to let go and start walking. (Also, she thinks it's hilarious when we put her toys in our mouth.)



I'll end with this chubbalub on her daddy's shoulders. She's decided lately she really likes her daddy, and she crawls directly to him when he walks in the door and she thinks he's hilarious. Sometimes she just grabs a fist-full of his hair and giggles. We joke that she took 6 months to warm up to me and 8 months to warm up to Jim.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...