Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A New Nanny

We are trying out the nanny thing, and had our first nanny come yesterday afternoon. This is only a temporary nanny since we're about to leave for Houston for Karry's wedding, and hopefully we'll get the same one for consistency when we come back. We are going through a pediatric clinic that provides this service so we don't have to worry about sponsoring anybody, and they are all nurses. We are just doing 2 afternoons a week from noon-5 so I can get some homework done. Day care is just not working out. Lily refuses to nap there and it just throws off her whole schedule and I'm starting to think it's affecting her sleep at night. Hopefully if she stays home for naps she can stay on schedule better. Our first day didn't go well because Lily knew I was home (I was in the office trying to watch a lecture for school) and just cried and threw a fit until I came out. I have a hard time letting go and letting the nanny do her thing when Lily is crying because I know I can go pick her up and calm her down right away. Next time I think I need to just leave and go to Starbucks or something and work so I'm not hovering over everything the nanny does. Hopefully this works out because it's so nice to get stuff done during the day and have more time in the evenings with Jim. Now if we can just find a babysitter to come over some evening after Lily goes to bed so we can go out to eat! We are craving a date night, and I'm pretty sure it's the first thing we'll do when we get to Houston!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...