Friday, October 5, 2012

My Favorite Naples Pictures

What do I remember about our excursion in Naples? It was HOT! We booked this excursion through a separate company instead of the cruise line. It started out pretty chaotic as we were passed off between about 3 different tour guides before the tour event started. To make matters worse, it was extremely crowded, which I think made it feel even hotter. 

We started out in Pompeii.




This is us with Mount Vesuvius in the background. Pompeii was not what I expected. I thought it was going to have all the human casts from people who died in the eruption, but there were only two casts in glass cases. I guess you have to go to a city closer to the volcano for that, where everything was preserved better.





After Pompeii we were taken to Mount Vesuvius where we had the option to climb to the top. I didn't think we were going to do it after being so miserably hot in Pompeii, but Jim was really excited about it. Greg and Susan stayed back with Lily and Jim and I decided to try hiking up.


It's really not a difficult hike; it's paved all the way up, but I was carsick from the windy drive up, had no water and the sun was beating down the whole way up. I was going as slow as an 80 year old man smoking a cigarette (literally, he was walking next to me the whole time). It was pathetic, but I made it up and back down before the bus left!



Us at the crater! I didn't think I was going to make it! Jim made it before me because I told him to go ahead and I would either meet him at the top or on his way back down.




The next morning we got back off the boat, spent one more night in Barcelona then headed back to Dubai (and dragged Granny back with us!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...