Friday, October 5, 2012

Pictures from the Boat

Sorry about the blogging hiatus! I'm hoping to get back on track. I enjoy going back and reading about our life here, but I can't do that if I don't keep writing about it :)

Are you sick of seeing posts about the cruise?? Well this is the last one! I have just a few pics we took while hanging around on the boat. If you're not sick of cruise talk, there's one more new post below this about Naples.

Overall I thought the boat was great. The one area I would say was lacking were the pools. There were two main pools that were salt water, and were warm and small, and made you feel like you were taking a bath with a bunch of strangers. We lasted about 5 mins. 



We spent a lot of time on our deck, which was really nice. It was nice to sit and relax, and Lily couldn't get in to trouble or escape from us!


We had one full day on the boat, and we took Lily to a baby painting class. It turned out to be Dad, Mom, Granny and Grandpa doing all the painting, and Lily either eating the paint or trying to walk away. We left pretty quickly!


We made reservations at the Churrascaria restaurant on board, and it was delish! We told them ahead of time it was Lily's birthday, so they brought out this plate and a cake for dessert.



The munchkin enjoyed running up and down the hallways quite often.



We had a great time! However, if we do it again next year, we decided we are going somewhere cooler!

If you are wondering how Lily did....it could have been better, it could have been worse. One of the hardest things for her that I didn't think about ahead of time were eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at restaurants. She doesn't last very long in her high chair once she's done eating (what 1 yr old does?) and wanted out right away to either sit in my lap, or run around. Running around was not an option, so it was either stay in the high chair or stay in someone's lap, and she wasn't too happy about that most of the time. Being strapped in a stroller was a struggle as well, but most of the time she was in the stroller because it was too crowed to let her run around. However, she did great taking naps on the go, and even fell asleep in my lap quite often, which she hasn't done since she was probably 5 months old. She went right to bed every night too - I'm sure being completely exhausted helped.

Overall, if you want to see a lot of places with a baby, a cruise is probably the easiest thing. I think if we ever take a baby on vacation again, I will try to convince the hubs to stay in one place and leisurely explore one city. I think we could have spent just a week in Rome seeing everything there.

I hope we'll continue to be brave and take our kids on vacations in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...