Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Day of School

Of course at this age it's just day care, but for some reason it makes me feel better to call it school instead. I guess I hope she's learning something knew instead of just being babysat. 


We attempted to take a few pictures this morning. I had to get some kind of picture with her new outfit and new backpack!


She did great! We dropped her off at 8, and she walked right in and started playing with some toys and barely said bye to us. We heard some tears when the door shut and she realized we were leaving, but by the time we got back to the front entrance where we could see her on the video monitor, she had stopped crying and was playing. I picked her up at 12:30, then we came home, had a bottle and went down for a nap (she didn't nap at daycare, which doesn't surprise me). 2 hrs later, and she's still sleeping!


I'm thankful the babies don't have to wear the uniforms and I can get some use out of her cute clothes :)

Jim and I went to Starbucks afterwards, which was really nice. Then I came home, napped for about an hour, then swept and mopped the floors. It's so much easier to clean when I don't have babyzilla following me around everywhere!

She will go three mornings a week: Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. I'm hoping to use the time to get homework, cleaning and errands done so my evenings will be more free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...