Friday, September 7, 2012

31st Birthday

Happy birthday to me!


For some reason saying I'm 31 sounds so much older to me than 30! I guess now I'm *in* my 30's instead of just 30. Oh well, moving on!



We attempted to go out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, which just opened here in Dubai in August. I thought if we got there before 6 we would be fine. Nope! It was a 3 hr wait! I'm not sure what kind of food people think they have, but I don't think it's worth waiting 3 hrs for. 


Instead we went to PF Changs, which was yummy. The munchkin did fine as long as she was running around. Once we got to our table, she did fine as long as she was eating. But once she was done eating, she was DONE. She does not like sitting in her high chair longer than necessary, and she pretends like she just wants to sit in my lap so I will take her out. Eventually I gave in and took her out, but she sat it my lap for 5 seconds then squirmed out, ready to run around again. Granny came to the rescue and took her back out into the mall to run around. Next time we will get a babysitter!


It was Jim's mom's last night in town, and my dad is back in town from his crazy adventures in Afghanistan, so it was nice to celebrate with so much family!

Jim came home last night from taking his mom to the airport and told me he was going to sleep in Lily's room and get up with her in the morning so I could sleep in. That was probably the best present ever! I slept until 9 am. Jim's mom has also been getting up with Lily every morning since she's been here. I've had an awesome 2 weeks of sleeping in till at least 7 am every morning. I guess it's back to reality tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...