Friday, August 10, 2012

Lily's Birthday

On Lily's actual birthday, August 7th, we let her open presents that morning before Jim went to work. I remembered my mom had gotten her a tutu for Christmas, so I decided to dress her up a bit for her birthday. I think she looks flippin adorable!


We decided to go simple for her birthday. We just got her a few books and one new toy.


I thought she would love tearing the paper, but she really wasn't interested and we had to do it for her.



When Jim got home that afternoon we had cupcakes! 


This was really her first taste of anything like that. The only other sweet she's had is a bite of frozen yogurt and some banana muffins I've made.


She really didn't know what to think. I thought she would tear into it because she pretty much eats whatever we put in front of her, but she just picked at it for a while.


She didn't eat more than a quarter of it and Jim and I finished it off for her. Darn!


On August 9th, I had a few of our friends over that we see pretty regularly at either playgroups or swimming. We had 4 moms with their kiddos, two 15 month olds and two 5 month olds. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of all the kids, but I was busy wrangling Lily who's been pretty fussy since her 1 yr shots. 

I told the moms not to bring gifts, that we weren't having a big party, but all of them did. It was sweet and I'm just grateful to have friends to celebrate with.


Of course Lily was more interested in the card than the gifts.


We have playdates often with these two moms and these three kids are always stealing/sharing/begging for food! Poor Kim pulled out a snack for her little boy Luc, and all three walkers swarmed her!

I finally got Lily to sit in my lap for a few seconds to open her gifts.


I got this cake from the Bloomingdale's bakery in Dubai Mall. I know it sounds hoity toity, but it's the closest thing to us and I knew I could walk there and pick up the cake if Jim couldn't drive me. I still don't have my driver's licence! :)


Everyone sang to Lily then the moms had cake.


I pretty much only decided about a week ago to even have a party. We just don't know that many people and I feel like our apartment is too small for too many kids. I'm glad we did it though. It was the first time I invited the girls over, and they invite me to their place all the time. I need to get better about inviting people over, but I let it stress me out too much. You should have seen me the night before. We've been having an ant problem and I turned into a mad woman on the hunt for ants. Jim finally found where they're entering and we caulked up the hole, but I was freaking out that the poor little 5 month olds were going to have ants crawling all over them. Embarrassing! 

I'm off to eat some leftover cake! Diet or no diet, you can't waste a Bloomingdale's cake!

(scroll down for another new post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...