Thursday, June 13, 2013

We All (except for one Stinker) Scream for Ice Cream...

I decided to take Lily to get ice cream yesterday thinking I was being a fun mom, and she didn't want one bit of it. We passed by this place yesterday on our way to the pharmacy, and I was shocked when she saw the sign and said, "ice cream!" I think the last time she was there was when Granny took her while Jim and I were in Abu Dhabi.

So, I thought she would be super excited. I told her at the house we were going to go get ice cream and she got really excited and didn't put up a fuss at all about going potty and putting on her shoes (normally these are battles). We walked there and the whole way she kept saying, "go eat ice cream?" I got her vanilla with chocolate sprinkles because she loves chocolate, sat down at the table, and she WOULD NOT TOUCH IT!!


Instead, she poked at it with the spoon a couple times then wanted to crawl all over the chairs and benches. Then she decided she needed to poop, which meant we went back and forth to the bathroom 3 times before I gave up and left (still doesn't want to do #2 in public restrooms very often).

Right before we left I had finished the ice cream and all that was left were the sprinkles, so she ate a few of those.



Normally I wouldn't complain about having to eat my child's ice cream, but Jim and I are on a diet that is not that cheap, and the one good thing about the expense is I do NOT want to cheat. Why spend all that money just to have it go to waste?

I guess we'll wait another 6 months before we try this again! I'll just take her out for french fries next time, or "fra fry" as she calls them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...