Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Recap

Well, I think our Thanksgiving dinner turned out great! My dad commented that it tasted almost like it would if we were home, so I think that says a lot considering we can't get all our usual ingredients.

We started off the day with a bang by setting off the fire alarm in the kitchen. Totally my fault; I was cooking bacon and let it get a little too crispy. The security guy showed up in less than 5 mins, which actually makes me feel good that they get here so quick.

Lily is going through a phase where she absolutely LOVES being in the kitchen, but throws a fit when she can't see what's going on. She wants to be held, but then gets mad when I pick her up and nothing is going on (because my hands are busy holding her). We set her up in the high chair in the kitchen so she could see, and that made her happy for a little while.


Jim was in charge of pancakes.


Jim told me he was taking this picture so everyone could see I had a cheat sheet. I'm pretty sure no one actually thinks I don't use recipes!


The turkey! It was delicious. The best part of the meal I think.


Dad and I admiring our work. Actually, we were debating on whether we really thought it was done, which we discovered it wasn't. The breast was done but we had to throw the legs back in the oven for a bit.


Our little helper! I think Lily ate her weight in turkey. She kept pulling on my sleeve and signing "more" for more turkey. 




Dad carving the turkey.


It's not easy making an entire Thanksgiving meal with one oven, but we figured it out. By the way, those rolls in there turned out awesome as well, and the recipe is pretty fool-proof. If you are an inexperienced bread-maker I would recommend it. (recipe in my last post)


We also had our new neighbors over, and we had a good time. They have a three year old daughter that Lily loved following around, so the adults actually got to talk for a while.

It was a lot of work, but we have enough leftovers to last a week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...