Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Mother's Day

I was lucky enough to spend my first Mother's Day in Dubai with my mom. We were all still jet lagged so our day was pretty low key, but we got out for a little while and took Lily to the pool.


We brought this floatie back from the US. I think we got it at Target for about $10, then found the exact same one in the mall here for $60!!


All Lily wanted to do that day was crawl up the steps and sit precariously on the edge and play with her toys.


This is the only picture I have of me and my munchkin from Mother's Day; we were just not in a picture taking mood after being up all night. Thumb sucking is becoming a common site here lately, which worries me and Jim...

In the shallow baby pool her feet can touch the bottom, so she can push her self around in this float. I can't get too far away from her though because every once in a while she tries to dive out of it (especially if I get too far away).

We love our pool. It has tons of shade, so I don't have to worry as much about hats and sunscreen, and it has a nice breeze that keeps it cool even when it's 100+ degrees outside. I even saw her shiver when I took her there just a few days ago and it was 102! It's starting to get to the point where we can't do our afternoon walks anymore because of the heat, so I think we'll be going to the pool pretty often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...